*I cleaned up the house and did some laundry. Some of our friends are coming this weekend from Fort Collins, so I washed blankets and sheets and towels....so things will be clean for them.
*I made myself another bag. It is super cute. Paisley! When I was home last week my mom got me this fabric...$3 a yard. Great deal, cute bag.
*I went to the post office to pick up our mail and the patterns I ordered had come. They are really cute and I'm excited to start them.
*Also in the mail, was some fabric. My mom is going on a trip with Grandma (her mom) and Valene (her sister), so my mom wanted a bag. So I made that bag today as well. It turned out really cute. I LOVE the colors.
*Glen and I have been reading a lot. In Hyannis (13 miles from us) there is a small library and we've been checking books out. Glen is reading "Death in the Silent Places" by Peter Hathaway Capstick, it's a true book about safari hunting. I'm reading a few, I've been reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (thanks to my friend Erica) I love the movie so I wanted to read the book. I also just started a book that I'm not sure I'll finish (it's really slow) called "A can of peas" by Traci DePree. I'm going to try to keep reading it, but we'll see.
*So I've been craving something baked all day. So I made cornbread (Glen loves cornbread with maple syrup!) and it's really good. I had a 1/2 gallon of buttermilk (due to a syrup recipe I made this week)...so I searched for a buttermilk cornbread recipe and I found a good one.
Buttermilk Cornbread
Mix together:1/2 c. Melted Butter, 2 Beaten Eggs, 1/2 c. Sugar
Add: 1 c. Buttermilk, 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
Stir in: 1 c. Cornmeal, 1 c. Flour, 1/2 tsp. Salt
Use an 8x8 greased and floured pan. Bake @ 375 for 25 minutes.
This was really fast and easy....and it tasted great.
So that was my day....I hope yours was good!
1 comment:
I love the bag--
THANKS! Can't wait to see more.
MOM
Post a Comment