Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Love to Rope!

Okay, so I forgot to post this on Thursday. But, there was a kid/wife branding here at the ranch on Thursday. I vaccinated most of the time, but towards the end of the branding I got told to grab my horse and go rope. I was really nervous but super excited. So I went out and roped. Glen and I have practiced, but I've never roped a real calf, just a dummy! So Glen went out with me and helped me out a bit. He walked next to my horse and showed me the ones that needed to be branded. So guess what! My first swing......and I got one! It was so awesome. So much fun. I only got to rope for about 20 mins, and I caught 3 calves. I was so so excited. I'm hooked! I am now more excited to practice and get better. I want to win a big buckle!!!!!

3 comments:

bilprice said...

Glen & Denise...

Saw your blog name on Karli's blog and checked it out.

I hope you'll check with Karli to see if I'm OK to allow to post and comment on your blog.

I'm an old cowboy from North Carolina and there's nothing I like better than the lifestyle of people who raise cows.

I like Glen's hat. I wore one for 20 years and then moved to the mountains of Western North Carolina
and out of the cow business so I became self conscious among the mountaineers and went to the baseball cap look. This summer I
did buy me a summer straw hat that looks a little western and I'm getting my courage back.

Hope you'll allow me to look in this window of your life. It looks like my kind living.

I'm called Pop I guess because I'm
old.

Thanks...

Pop

Karli said...

G&D:

Love the blog! So happy to see you have one. Hope life is treating you well and so glad to hear that you're becoming all cowboyed out Nese!

Can you believe it? Now when you have kids they'll play together like we did from the time we were born practically. I can't wait to see you soon when you come to visit next. Will check your blog often. Love you!

Karli

The Funny Farm said...

Hey BIG G and little d...

We love your blog. I need to share it with the kids so they can "see" what you are doing. It's fun to see the country you live in and everything that you are doing. Request: take more pictures of your house, your little town, church etc. I love the bags denise is making, so cute!
Talk to you soon!
Love, Carla