Tuesday, October 16, 2007

fall=apples

i love the fall season. it means apples...and a lot of apples. our favorite is apple crisp. i always double the topping (for glen) and then we eat it hot with half-n-half over the top. it's so good and it sure hits the spot.



Apple Crisp
Several Apples - Peeled and sliced
Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and sugar on the apples and then put a few chuncks of butter in the pan.
Topping:
1-1/2 C. Oats
1 C. Flour
1-1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2/3 C. Butter
Mix up with a pastry cutter or a fork and spread on the top. (it'll be crumby)
Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
Top with half-n-half, milk, ice cream, or just cream!!!

1 comment:

valumama said...

Yummy!!! We had our neighbors give us a bunch of apples, I had never made, but always heard of apple butter, so I looked it up online and found this recipe for making it in the Crockpot, super easy, and you don't have to worry about burning or even stirring (although I did, 'cuz I am kind of obsessive like that)here is the link: http://www.pickyourown.org/applebutter.htm
It was so yummy, if you have some leftover apples I would recommend it.