Thursday, November 29, 2007

projects.

1st Project. wood stove.

so we've wanted a wood stove for awhile now. our house does have one, but as you can see, it's not very functional. so on tuesday glen picked up a new wood stove (new to us-slightly used). so out with the old and in with the new. we can't wait to get it hooked up. hopefully by the end of this week. (i'll get pictures when we put the new one up.)
2nd Project. BIGGER stockings.

i stitched our names on the top...if you can zoom in and see.

when we got married i made stockings for us. they were really cute and we liked them. but then christmas came around and they were way to small for glen's taste!! (stockings are his favorite part of christmas)...so i made bigger ones. i lucked out and found the 2 year old fabric, (from the first set) so i finished them yesterday at work. i really like them a lot!

3rd Project. Advent Calendar

I still have to figure out how to hang it on our fireplace.

so i saw a really cute advent calendar from pottery barn...and yes $65 later i could've had it...but then i saw another cute one on a blog and decided white felt and red floss would be much cheaper...so i love how it turned out. inside each pocket is a miny ornament to put on this miny tree. i'm excited to start using it and i think it will be really fun when we have kids old enough to do it!

5 comments:

valumama said...

so cute! I love the stockings.

Karli said...

so cute! I made our stockings too and they are really simple, but I love them. I love that you stitched your names though. Can't wait for your wood stove; they smell so yummy! (:

way cute advent calendar too! Good job denise!

Tim and Family said...

I like the stockings too!
We also were wondering if you could email us (amanda) your address so we can send you a Christmas card!

Anonymous said...

Those are super cool projects, Did you make a third for the baby? I used to love opening the advent calendars to see what was inside each one. That is such a fun Christmas tradition. --DB

meg baker said...

I love the stockings and I love the advent calendar. I saw it on one of your links on your blog and I loved it. I almost made it myself. I guess when I get around to trying I will just have to ask you how:) Hey you will be proud I finally put something on my blog so if you want to check it out it is up (cutebakerfamily.blogspot.com)