Wednesday, March 18, 2009

a day with {SUN}

today has been a beautiful day. we've spent most of it outside. we played outside while i worked on a spray paint project. we went on a long walk. we watched the birds. we went exploring (there are so many buildings here) and now Vince is wasted and taking a nice nap.




i found some sweet doors/windows i'm not sure what they are but i'm very excited about them. i'm not sure what i'm going to do with them, but something. {if anyone has any ideas let me know}

i can't wait for spring/summer to really get here. it'll be so nice to be able to spend our days outside.


this owl whots all night outside our bedroom.

7 comments:

TyLeen said...

Sweet doors/windows! I am absolutely obsessed with old doors and windows. Ask anyone that knows me. My poor husband...he is so good to me, he lets me hang the windows anywhere and EVERYWHERE I want...I love it. I found some old doors a couple years ago, I painted them white and really beat them up and leaned them against a wall that I painted barn house red! I love the looks people give me when the come to my home, some say "what are you going to do with those doors, just leave them there?" They are always so confused. I would love to take a tour of your home because I think we have a lot of the same taste! I love all the curtains and pillows you are making, lovely!

Karli said...

cute cute denise-those pictures are showing your amazing camera abilities and that you're learning more about it too! Good job! You could paint & distress the outsides of those doors & windows and put collages of pics or quotes underneath... Cute! Can't wait to come play with you guys soon!

David and Esther said...

Aahhh spring! You must be loving your new camera, your pictures are professional quality. They are really awesome, I really love the one of Vince's feet and blue jeans. I love the doors too. My friend found one that was an old outside door with the top window gone. She hung a window box with petunias on it and leaned it up against the side of her house. She also had a little vine growning up it. It was so cute! Let me know what you decide to do with it and if you have any suggestions for me. I found a cool old window in this house when we moved in that is just sitting in our garage.

rebekah said...

He is so stinkn' cute!! Love the pictures!!

The Funny Farm said...

You know me, I love old distressed windows with black and white photo's in them. You can't go wrong with cute black and white's of Vince. Of course you and Glen could be in some too, that would probably be okay. :)

Jenni Call said...

Looks like you are getting some use out of your DSLR camera!! I know Glen was excited to get you a nice camera. I am a photographer too!! Check out my bloggy site for some fun pics: www.applegreenphotography.blogspot.com

I love your old door find. We recently moved to a small town in Nebraska. There are tons of old stuff like that around here too. You decorated your new home so, so cute!

Jena said...

Wow...these are great pictures! I love looking at your blog... :-)