Thursday, May 28, 2009

behind?

well just a little.

things here have just spun outta control. so much has been happening and so fast. where do i even begin. in no paticular order here goes:
my mom and dad and the girls came to visit for a bit...they were on their way home from the state track meet. sammy got 7th in the 3000 {2 mile} and 5th in the 1500 {1 mile} katie got 3rd in the triple jump.
annie and vince.

vince is trying to walk all over the place. all he wants to do is push his wagon all over. he loves if you'll walk him around on the grass. he loves to throw fits when it's time to go inside or time to just quit walking.

happiness = WALKING with his WAGON

we've been having several island ranch brandings. i've been cooking for them here. gosh cooking for 25-30 people sure is a job. and the clean up is even a bigger job. it's been fun to cook {well it's been fun to get paid to cook} i have 2 more brandings to go....any ideas for big meals for men...let me know i'm running short of them.

we're in the process of yet another move. we're moving from the main ranch house here on the island to another ranch house {the sealy place} it'll be a short move and to a fun older house that's been remodeled. i've been busy working on projects here and there...the kitchen to name one. lets just say when this move is over i'll be happy. the floor guy is coming june 1st. so we'll be able to start the move june 3rd. any of you that are this way and enjoy the moving process are totally invited. {even if you don't like the moving process and you're far away...YOU'RE INVITED}

we had our annual family branding at the adams' ranch. it's was very fun. {i missed last years due to the birth of vince} this year shane and robin and their cute tall girls {taller than me...yes i know} got to come. it was fun to see them. we missed carla and scott {carla just had a new baby boy...carson dale --- such a cute baby} and then mike wasn't here either...he's in nashville. but everyone else came and it was a great success. we got started pretty early and finished a little after 1. i got to rope and thanks to esther {my sil} you get to see these sweet pictures of me roping.

going in for the kill.


dragging the calf.

here are some more pictures from the branding.


two of the neices.


more of the cute neices.


nate-dawg the friend who came to help rope and rope well he did!


sorry ladies...this cowboy is taken. my handsome father in law {an awesome roper i thought i'd add}


these little red beauties belong to this dark haired cutie!



the cheesy vincey!
shane with the branding iron and luke on the calf's head {he earmarked again this year}


the ear marking weapon--blood and all!

the branding fire.

all the "crew" working together

here's the end shots of a roped calf that glen got. {the tounge out is for added attitude}





me & the man.

glen went out this evening to shut some gates and check some cows. he came home with scary thing.
so our life has been busy and will continue to be busy. i'll post when i can about the new house and what kinds of projects i have up my sleeve for it. until then.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Wow! Looks like you've been doing lots of fun things!

Meal ideas. Sloppy Joes. Those are easy if you ask me....along with a veggie tray, fruit, and/or chips.

Or

There's always the famous "walking tacos" {at least that's what we call them} where you put fritos on the bottom of a bottom, then layer chili over that, then lettuce, then cheese, sour cream, olives, tomatoes. It can feet a lot of people and all you really have to worry about heating up is the chili.

Hope that helps!

Denise said...

I just noticed I had a million typos. Ha!

What I meant to say was to put chili on the bottom of a bowl not the bottom of a bottom. Silly me!

David and Esther said...

Awesome pictures Denise. The one of Abby is cute, she looks so sassy!. You do such a great job of catching great photo moments.
Was that a Rattle snake that Glen has? Freaky! Good luck on your house and move, I don't know if I can come help or not.

The Funny Farm said...

Yucky snake!! I hate 'em! Thanks for all the pictures of the branding. I feel like I was there... almost. I would RATHER have been there than sitting around here. Next year, for sure! You got some great pictures. Meal Ideas: Hawaiian Hay stacks. It's not very cowboy, but everyone loves them. A huge taco salad is also good. Meatballs from Costco with baked potatoes are also easy. Hawaiian hay stacks are not easy, come to think of it. They are good though. Sorry, out of ideas. The Relief Society has been doing our meals all week, so nice not to have to think about it!

Karli said...

i'm planning a trip to see you. Sometime in June for sure though. Maybe the second week sometime. I'll call you next week. Love the pics-you are such a chameleon! You fit into every situation with ease and are so cute no matter what you're doing. So talented. Can I be you? (: Love you much.

I talked to Spencer's mom and she was so cute. I'll tell you about it later. Let me know how it goes Sunday. Give your boys a hug from us.

valumama said...

seriously I think you need to start shooting pics for Western Horseman or some such! I love the cowboy life you lead!
I am going to do something similar to this: http://kristasfavorites.blogspot.com/2009/02/chile-verde.html
tomorrow for the family after Deena's birthday party, I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds really good and pretty easy. I think we are going to have it on buns instead of a burrito though.

Unknown said...

Denise! I can honestly say I never thought I would see you on a horse or with a rope in your hand:) VERY NICE! It is such a blast isn't it.

It was good to see you at the wedding, sorry I couldn't chat longer.

Talk to you soon.
Jessica Smith:)