just for journal purpose...here's the low down on my L&D
Monday Morning around 1AM i started having contractions. About 10 minutes apart....
around 4AM the contractions got a bit more intense and about 5-8 minutes apart.
at 5AM i got up and took a bath...the contractions kept coming so I knew I would want to at least go in and get checked. i also had it in the back of my mind that "today could be the day!" so i fixed my hair and did my makeup....bending and breathing during contractions....{but gosh dang if I was going to have a baby during the day...I want to look good!!!} so at 7:30 we headed to Burns. we went to the clinic and i gave my story to my DOC (who might I add is the BEST doc on the planet) and he sent me straight to the hospital to get all checked out. so my great nurse, Nurse D she got me settled in and then Doc J came and checked me. I was a 5!
around 11AM they checked me again and I was a 7!
around 1:30 PM I decided to get a SPINAL. (i didn't want an epidural this time...but I knew I needed something! so I opted for the SPINAL) the anesthesiologist Mr. R was awesome!
so around 2:00 PM I kept waiting for the SPINAL to kick in....well it DIDN'T really EVER kick in. my FEET got numb...but that's about it!
I guess you could say it took the EDGE off a bit...but not much.
I started pushing around 2:10 and CAM was born at exactly 2:30!!!!!
HARDEST THING I'VE EVER DONE...BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT!
2 comments:
Denise! Congratulations! It's been so long since I've checked my reader so I just saw this. He is darling! I ended up not getting an epidural or anything with Drew and it was quite the experience. You're amazing! Love you!
You are a champion!!!! Good job mama!!
Post a Comment