Tuesday, June 26, 2007

congratulations are due!

Congratulations to JOYCE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! YOU ARE 24!! YEAH!! It's your birthday!!!!!
Congratulations to my friend JENA DAVIS! She is engaged! She's getting married August 9th in Salt Lake!! YEAH!

Today was a good day! I sewed a lot. I made a few bags and they are really cute. So here they are!!!
This bag, I'm not sure if I like it so much, it was an experiment!
This is a tote, with pockets and handles on the outside.
This is my "Maggie-Pattern" Bag. My friend Maggie asked me to make a "Frenchie Bag" but "MOMIFY" the bag so she can fit all of Eli's stuff in it. So I tweeked the pattern a bit, it's a straight top, I like it but the top part is a bit flimsy! So I think I will need to add some interfacing to the top part to stabilize it more. But as far as that, I really like the look of the big bag. I hope Maggie will like it.
Another long day for Glen, and he is really tired tonight. Today wasn't a hot day, so that was much better for him. I talked to some of my friends from Fort Collins today, so that was fun! And then I talked to my sister Stevie (who lives in Utah). That was nice, she's always fun to talk to. But that was my day! Tomorrow I'm in charge of breakfast for the guys. So that means anytime between 8 and 12 they could come and eat! I'll have to make something good for them!

2 comments:

Karli said...

Denise,

Cute bags! You are so talented. My mom and I were talking about how you are becoming so much like your mom. She is one of my biggest role models! Love her. And, now I'm in the young women's with her, so that will be fun to get to know her even better.

I will try to call that girl this week. Hopefully I can give her some ideas that will help...

Good luck with all your stuff! Love you!
K

maggie said...

Denise,
I love that bag! you should go into business; making cute mom-bags....they are pretty hard to come by! I totally trust you on fabric too (but just for the record, I love the black and white and also the blue and brown one you posted on june 10) You are so talented! Oh and do they have any pockets inside?
You're a doll!

mags