Yesterday Glen had to run our friend Jeff over to Boise to the Vetrans hospital for a docs appointment. While in Boise they stopped and picked up our new couch and love seat.
WE LOVE THEM! We moved the furniture around a bit and got it just right. Now when people come over they will actually have a real couch to sit on. We just had that small love seat with the ugly couch cover (i hate couch covers..i can never get them to fit and look right) I put the old love seat in the other part of the house...so we'll still use it! ...But now we feel like our place in finally a home. (it looks like one anyways!)
(glen trying out the couch...he said it's great)
Last night I worked on a little Halloween treat for some people at work. I think they turned out really cute. They have a funny poem with them that talks about a little pumpkin that got so scared while getting carved it pooped!! (candy-corns) So I spray painted some chinese take-out boxes and then put a face on them. I used some green and brown ribbon for the stem and leaf. Inside is a small clear bag with some candy-corns! I like them.
(this is my favorite one)
Last weekend when we went shopping I got a cute yellow thermal with owls on them. I wore it today and Glen said I'm wearing my "Lucky Luchza Shirt" In Argentina owls (luchza) are a sign of good luck. So yes, today I must be good luck! We'll see!!!!!
4 comments:
Denise-the pumpkin idea is darling! i'm thinking of something to do for my visiting teaching girls too. way cute! and, love the new blog look. let me know when you're home sometime and i'll come see your house.
k
I love the pumpkins!
Your couches look great and inviting too. It is funny, Sterling doesn't have too many opinions about the house but 2 strong ones are: 1- NO COUCH COVERS (he says that they just make it obvious that you are hiding something) and 2- have lots of pictures of the family hanging up...
Congrats anyways on the couches!
Holy Hell Denise!
Could you be any more creative!? Martha Stewart look out!
Denise,
Hey I've been reading your blog through LaRae and have been wondering where exactly do you live? Did you guys find a house in Adrian? Where is Glen working? I love the bags you made so cute.
Post a Comment