Tuesday, February 19, 2008

3 day weekends are to LOVE

so this weekend was really nice. friday i had another doctor appointment. all is well. i'm measuring correctly, my blood pressure is good, i gained 1 pound, the baby's heart beats are perfect and yes, i'm getting bigger. after going to the doctor we went out to dinner with my mom and dad at one of my favorite restaurants Q-Doba Mexican Grill.

(by the new nampa costco/kohls)
There was one in Fort Collins, and Glen and I ate there and I really like it. The 3-Cheese Nachos with Pork, the best. After that Glen and I went to a few stores, and then headed home.

on saturday glen worked with harlen for the upcoming bull sale. he washed muddy bulls all day. my mom and i ran to Ontario. we were looking for fabric to make our baby bedding. my original color pallet was teal, brown, red, and cream. so after looking for fabric for about an hour and a half and not finding anything...i changed my mind and my color pallet. the new colors are sky blue, olive green, orange, and white/khaki. super cute.

that night we had our valentine's dinner. we had shrimp, red potatoes, asparagus, fruit, and miny boston cream pies. it was all really good. i decorated with some candles, made place cards with our names, and then made a bunch of heart confetti. it was really cute. glen liked it. and yes i forgot to take a picture. after dinner we watched bridge to terebitha....sad movie..but really cute.

sunday was a relaxed day. glen and i went on a drive to succor creek state park. we drove by the mackenzie's sheep camp and saw all the new baby lambs...they are so so cute. and then we got to see a calf be born. we were driving by and i saw a cow that looked like she was going to deliver (her tail was sticking straight out) so glen started looking and the mama had feet coming out already. so yeah, we were at the right place at the right time. succor creek state park is a cute little park. the creek runs right through it. at the park we also saw a really big beaver working on it's dam. we watched for a bit and then we wanted to see if the beaver would slap it's tail on the water as it went under...so we yelled and clapped a bit and he sure went under water fast...he just never slapped his tail.


Succor Creek (web picture)


Succor Creek (web picture)

yesterday (President's Day) mom and sammy and me went to nampa. we went to kohls and found some great deals...i got glen some really nice church pants...black with some pin stripes, then we went to jo-anns and i found all the fabric for the bedding. tami peterson is going to make my quilt. yeah i am so excited. she is so talented and does such an amazing job. i can't wait to see what it looks like. i know she will do an exceptional job!!! we also went to a new store called steven-barry's and everything was $8.96 or less. i got glen 2 cowboy shirts. they are really cool. one is pink with blue stripes, and the other is greens, blues, and pinks.....very cool and i know glen will look great. that night we worked on my parents bathroom and just hung out. it was a wonderful 3 day weekend. i wish i could skip work every monday.

4 comments:

Andrews family said...

Denise! How the heck are you? I can't find your email or your phone number! Ack!!! I LOVED the stuff you sent. I'm just learning how to do a blog. I want to talk to you! Will you send me an email???

Love, Erica

ejandrews04@hotmail.com

valumama said...

I love the bedding colors!
What a cool lifestyle you have; go to the hills, see a cow born, and a beaver building a dam, then go shopping, eat great food and hang out with family... It does sound like the ideal weekend, thanks for sharing.
p.s. can't wait to see the bedding all done I am sure it will be adorable!

Stacey said...

happy belated birthday denise!! i was thinking about you. sorry i'm a week late in my well wishes... i'm happy that you had such a great birthday! :) and i'm with valarie, your lifestyle sounds awesome. the perfect mix of town and country! :)

maggie said...

Hey Nise,
you asked if what I did to my blog was hard. No, it's the easiest thing ever, I did it in photoshop (it's really a greeting card template and I just tweeked it a little)photoshop is the best, I just have Photoshop Elements, which is the most basic (and cheapest) of the photoshop family, but I love it!

how's the belly!?!? Getting excited!?!