Tuesday, November 25, 2008

christmas compromise.

so i want to put our christmas tree up on the 1st of december. glen doesn't want it up until the 22nd. he says that it's more special if you don't put it up so early. i beg-to-differ and think it's special because then you can celebrate it all month long. so we compromised. he said we would meet in the middle...he said we could put it up on the 15th. i'm not too great with numbers but that's not exactly in the middle. i knew he was pulling the wool over my eyes. so o-well, i get jipped a few days on the tree, but little does he know that all my decorations are going up the 1st of december. it will be a great surprise when he gets home from work. compromise. that's what i'll do.

-in the spirit of the christmas compromises i got vince's stocking finished and i am almost finished with our tree skirt. i am hand-sewing the ric-rac onto the edge. pain in the butt i know but i want it to look nice and finished. i've been working on other christmas gifts as well. it's been fun to get things together.

my mom found the fabric and i love it. i stitched his name in red...it's a bit hard to see in the picture.

this fabric came from mom's cousin diane. i love it. it's vintage looking.


-i'm getting excited for thanksgiving. a lot of glen's family will be here. on saturday we are going in the mountains to cut down our christmas tree. that will be fun. we've already promised vince that he can use the chain saw and cut our tree. he's stoked!


-other than that, the weather has turned frosty and so we stay in most of the day. yesterday i went with my brother in law to the high school and we played basketball with the high schoolers. that was fun. it was nice to get out and run. vince enjoyed watching his mom school a few youngsters!!!!!


-so have a good week to everyone and a happy thanksgiving.
here are some pictures of vince. i'm sorry we only and always have pictures of him. he's just about all we care about. glen told me last night that "the public" meaning all of you people probably get bored seeing only pictures of our boy on here all the time...he said i need to take pictures of all of us and things we do so "the public" won't get so bored. so i will work on that. take care.




8 comments:

The Black Family said...

how could you get bored seeing that cute face? He is really getting a personality, I love it! He is so cute Denise. I hope you are enjoying every moment. Boys are so much fun, they are more active but I wouldn't have it any other way! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kiley said...

I don't get bored of seeing Vince. He is so cute.

The Funny Farm said...

Tell Big G to cool it, we love seeing pictures of Vince, and maybe if he was as cute as Vince without teeth, we'd want to see more of him too... Just Kidding Glen, love you too, and you are very handsome and cute and all that.

You are a better wife than I am... I just put up the decorations, don't even ask. What's he gonna do, take the tree down? So far Hunter hasn't done that to me. He also can't argue with yummy Christmas goodies if you make them and wave it in front of his nose when he walks in the door. It sounds like I better take wife lessons from you. :)

Anonymous said...

Looking at pictures of Vince is anything but boring! He is so stinkin' cute! Your tree skirt is adorable and I love that it looks "vintagey"! I totally understand sewing the rickrack on by hand (although it will take a minute!) because I hand-sew all of my quilt bindings. Lots of people think I'm nuts, but I think it looks a bit nicer in the end and I can do it at night when we're unwinding or in the car (not while I'm driving, of course :)
Vince's stocking is cute, too, good job on getting so much done...you're amazing! Tell Glen hello for us and give Vince a hug!
Love, Tami

Anonymous said...

We want MORE pictures of Vince, not less! He is so darling and we miss seeing him and you and Glen. Please come visit soon, we are having Vinny withdrawls.

Have a great Thanksgiving, we will miss you over here in Boise.
CTZZ

Stacey said...

i feel the same way about posting too many pics of andrew... but that's what our life is now. everything revolves around andrew! we're definitely not getting bored of the pics of vince. he's too dang cute!! :)

happy thanksgiving!

laly said...

hey chicos avisenme si les llego mi correo y mi blogg es
http://lafamiliaquiroz.blogspot.com
ok very kiss my love for your creo que se escribe asi se entendio byby

David and Esther said...

Sounds like Glen is going to have to eat some crow. We all love seeing pics of Vincent, he's an adorable little boy. We would also love to see you guys more too. Can't get enough of your good lookin family.:)