Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a spoonful of sugar.

so yesterday was a windy day so we beach hopped all over the north shore. we went to waimea bay, sunset beach, the pipe line, turtle bay, and ended up back at waimea bay. in between all the beaches we went to ted's bakery for a snack. we really enjoyed that. between us all we had chocolate eclairs, coconut cake, chocolate macadamia pie, and my favorite and ted's specialty chocolate haupia pie. it was very good. we came back to the house and had a big bbq. it was so good.

one of the life guard's boards at sunset beach.


chocolate haupia pie. ted's bakery. north shore. amazing!!

vince loving every bite!


glen and dad boogie boarding at waimea bay.

today early this morning glen & vince, dad, j.d., danna, & julz, and randy & kiah all went to pearl harbor. me, mom, k, s, and a, ryann and christian all went to the aloha stadium swap meet. we got some fun stuff. the pearl harbor group met up with us as the big swap meet. glen got a boogie board that he's excited to try out. i got a cute bracelet and a cool scarf.
then we went to hanauma bay to go snorkeling. this was the coolest thing ever. it was so amazing and we had a great time. glen said today has been his favorite day. he loved pearl harbor and loved loved loved the snorkeling. him and j.d. snorkeled around together a bit and found a reef tunnel. they ditched the snorkel and swam through it...just to say they had done it. it was a lot of fun. now we're bushed for the evening and we're going to be early!

a look above hanauma bay.


the reef.


another look at the reef.


glen ditching his fins and using his sandals. he said he liked the sandals more than the fins.


caught in the act.

7 comments:

Troy, Courtney, and Max said...

did you know that it is like 22 degrees outside right now, windy, miserable, cold, cold. Enjoy every minute of your vacation! Troy and I have enjoyed looking at your blog during you vacation looks like so much fun. Max says he's jealous of Vince, he can actually go outside without having to be bundled up. We finally started a blog, though I'm not good at it yet (hansenhandful.blogspot) oh yeah tell randy troy loves him and misses him like crazy, "come home little buddy." cute or a little creepy-? Just kidding

Karli said...

Oh how fun! I am so excited to see you and see your awesome tan. You guys seem to be having a great time and I love that you've been documenting as you go. What a great journaling experience! Yummy pie too. (: Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Courtney...it is FREEZING here!! I am still so jealous, but glad you're all having a great time! The fin things are a pain because they make your feet float to the surface...I have a picture of Alan when he had some on and he looks like a creature from the deep! Tell your folks and everyone else hello, too!

The Funny Farm said...

Wow, what an amazing experience for you guys. I'm so happy/jealous that you are there and having so much fun. I am about sick of this inversion, what I wouldn't pay to see the sun right now, I swear. I hope Glen got pictures of Pearl Harbor. That's about the only thing that might get Hunter to Hawaii one day. Keep having fun and bring me back a cook sea shell for our bathroom. Oh, we got the house!!!! HOOORAY! Moving on Valentines Day!

The Funny Farm said...

Of course I mean a COOL sea shell... do they cook them? :)

The Funny Farm said...

Of course I mean a COOL sea shell... do they cook them? :)

Andrews family said...

It is snowing here... I wish I was in Hawaii with you!

Keep the pictures coming!