Wednesday, August 19, 2009

and so it was.

we had a great visit at my mom and dad's house. we did lots of sewing projects, lots of shopping, lots of cleaning, lots of visiting, and lots of running around. it was a busy week but fun. glen was able to come over on saturday and stay the night. we drove back together sunday night.

{eating some powdered donuts}




{he's really into screaming}

it was nancy's {my mom in law} birthday on saturday the 15th. we missed it so we had a little party here last night. it was a fun night and good to get together.
{the birthday girl}
please ignore the dirty dishes in the sink...nice i know!
{the birthday trifle}

my friend tami p. gave me a bunch of cute scrap quilt fabric. i jumped into a project when i got home and sewed all the squares together. it looks so cute. i'm going to buy some matching fabric to back and bind the quilt. thanks again tami!

oh and february 8th will be the big day for the new arrival. it's forever away! i still have time to get some projects done.

5 comments:

The Benfields said...

lincoln is big into screaming too! i don't remember gillian doing this so much....but maybe i just don't want to remember it. :)

Susie Stout said...

Can I just say that Vince is such a handsome little boy!!! Hope your feeling alright.

Anonymous said...

Good job on your quilt top, Denise! I knew you'd do something cute with those scraps! And February 8th is my birthday, so I would definitely share it with your new little one! It was fun seeing you last week...hope you're doing good!

munks said...

Vince looks so big! I haven't checked my blogs in a while I couldn't believe how much older he looks. Also didn't know your pregnant, congratulations.

The Funny Farm said...

Yeah! February is a good month to have a baby. I just bought that trifle bowl too, can't wait to use it!