Thursday, June 28, 2007

what to do, what to do?

so with Glen gone all the time AI'ing I have a lot of time on my hands. A LOT!!!!!! So yesterday I made a quilt. Yeah I have no clue how to make a quilt, but I made one. I had this book of fabric that a friend from Fort Collins gave me. (She's an interior design teacher at CSU-so she hooked me up) So I cut up all the fabric into 6x6 squares and started sewing them together. And ta-da...a crazy quilt. It turned out very long and narrow...my bad, so I just split it into 2 and I'm going to make it a throw. (I planned that all along...yeah) But I think it looks pretty cool, really fun. But I'll have to finish it off at home when I can get some quilt batting to put in the middle and then I'll have to have my mom help me with the edging of it. I also want to get it quilted...if that's the correct term, so it looks very finished. I think it's pretty retro! I like it.

also, Glen loves Boston Creme Pie so I thought, I have time, why not try one. I made one and I think it's so pretty. I sure hope it tastes pretty!

3 comments:

JD B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JD B said...

Hey niese,

How did breakfast turn out for Glen and the guys? I'm headed to Wyoming and then back to Utah in the morning. One of my scouts is at camp and I need to go help with the last two days of it.

JD

Anonymous said...

Cute quilt Denise--did you sew all the rows 1st then connect them? Looks great!
MOM