
glen and me in fort collins at a csu party
if any of you are looking for some good tunes...the "how to loose a guy in 10 days" is a great soundtrack. glen really loves the song "good day" me too!
well life has been moving right along and already tomorrow will be friday. for the past 2 days i've been helping out the ranch forman with some computer stuff. i've been working on excel entering data such as birth charts and breeding records. it's going fine. i swear some moments my fingers work great others they are just a globby mess. i've been cooking all week for glen and myron. breakfast and lunch. seems like all i do is cook. by the time i finish the dishes and cleaning the kitchen it's time to start lunch. but i enjoy it. i'll be glad to cook with all of my dishes and use my kitchen-aid again. i love that this house has a hand mixer, but you can sure tell when i use it. i swear i splatter the butter and sugar mixture all over. i have to crawl around the kitchen with a wash cloth looking for the splatters. the good times in nebraska. i love em!!!!
well i don't have any new pictures but i did want to share a great recipe i used today for breakfast. i made pancakes. with the pancakes we had this amazing buttery, carmel-ee, goodnes syrup. that's what i like to call it. i've heard it called buttermilk syrup and nauvoo syrup. i prefer:
Amazing Buttery Carmel-ee Goodness Syrup
1 cup Butter
1 cup Buttermilk
2 cups Sugar
2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Melt the butter. Add the buttermilk, sugar, corn syrup and the baking soda. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 mins. Stirring often. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons of vanilla. (Be careful, it might splatter when you stir in the vanilla) (this makes a lot, so you can 1/2 if for a smaller batch) it's complete heaven. i like it with french toast, pancakes and even ice cream. lovely.....that's what it is.
okay. have a great friday!
4 comments:
Denise,
LOVE the hair! And you look beautiful in this picture! Are you so excited to be going home soon? You have to make a trip out to good ol' Utah and visit! I hung out at stevie's yesterday and got to see Randy! I love them!!!
Talk to you later!
Mags
Denise,
Love that pic too. You guys make a great couple. Yummy recipe too...can't wait to try it out. I haven't been cooking much these days, so I'm sure Zac will be jealous of all the homecooked goodness Glen has been getting!
If you are familiar and proficient in Excel, I know the seminary is looking for a secretary and that is one of the requirements. It's only 10-20 hours a week, so if you're interested you should look into it. Just thought I'd let you know! Can't wait to see you!
Love you!
Karli
So we had french toast for dinner tonight and your syrup was DELICIOUS!!! I had a bit of an adventure, since I turned my back on it as it started to boil, and it exploded all over my stove top... creating a VERY STICKY MESS. But all in all the yummy-ness of the goo was worth it. Thanks for sharing.
Hey guys! Remember us? Just recently found out about your blog so I've been perusing it the last couple of days.
Mmmm...the recipe sounds good. I'll have to make some for Joseph's french toast. At least you only have to cook for the two boys right now. Some days around here I'm cooking for 2-5 extra 'boys', but I'm glad they feel welcome and my cooking hasn't killed them off!
Post a Comment